Tuesday, December 7, 2010

College Update

So some good news came in the mail today. I went to a National Portfolio Day at VCU last month, and had my portfolio looked at by a MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art) admissions officer. The woman was generally very enthusiastic about my work, which was a big confidence boost and I guess she really did like it, because today, I found out that my portfolio has been approved, meaning I don't need to send one in as part of my application package. "In fact, the quality of your portfolio placed it in the top 25% of those we have reviewed so far this year." Wutup. This is very good news because MICA is pretty much my top choice school, up there with CMU and RISD.

In other news, I have been watching a lot of Starcraft 2 commentaries. I have always enjoyed Real-time Strategy Games, and although I have not really put that much time into getting good at them, I think they are very interesting. If you are interested, and even if you are not, I will be posting some links to a few of the commentators that I follow.

Link
Another Link
Third Link
A final link, but as far as you're concerned a link that is exactly as attractive as the three before it.

I hope you decide to click one of those, and sorry we haven't been very consistent with posting, but we will get better, I promise. Alec promises too.

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment