Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Airports.

Airports. are an experimental-pop group from Phillidelphia. Their myspace describes their music as "Their synth based songs are lined with textured keyboard playing, vocal harmonies, sparkly melodies, timpani's and horns all over the place willy nilly. Like Schrödinger's cat, Airports exist inside and outside different musical territories... yet all of them at the same time". Which is a pretty good description. It shows they are intellectual yet still artistic or something. It's a pretty accurate description of their sound.

They're really fun. Their singer has the kind of voice that sounds really familiar, but it's not just another generic frontman kind of thing. He's got sort of an emo-y tinge sometimes, but that's not really a bad thing. I don't have too too much to say about these guys, since their myspace only has 3 songs up, and I've only been able to find one other song by them. I really do like how they incorporate some subtle experimental/noise bits into their music, but it still is really catchy and fun. I wish they'd tour more, cause I feel like they'd have a lot of energy and put on a really fun show.

My favorite song that I've heard by them is probably "Pirates". Check it out: http://www.myspace.com/musicforairportsmusic

- Alec

No comments:

Post a Comment