Sunday, July 25, 2010

Un Mélange

hey there.

I'm currently at camp with limited access to a computer, but here's what I've been listening to a lot recently.





So this is Why? They're from Oakland, California and they're great great great. Yoni (singer) doesn't really sing (which might turn some people off), it's more rhythmic and definitely hiphop/rap influenced. Their lyrics are incredible though, and the music is really good too. I'd recommend finding/downloading/buying their album Almost Live from Eli's Live Room. It has great live (recorded live (as in the entire band playing at once)) versions of the vast majority of their best songs and I think it's better than most of their albums.

Yu(c)k - Daughter from Yuck on Vimeo.



Yu(c)k - Automatic from Yuck on Vimeo.



I know absolutely nothing about this band Yu(c)k. I only found out about them around an hour ago while perusing Gorilla vs Bear, but they're really relaxing and sort of somber and melancholy and great. I wish I had a computer with me so I could listen to them late at night.





The Microphones. I hope you know them/him (it's just Phil Elvrum who wrote/recorded all of it (he now goes by the name Mount Eerie). They're one of my favorite bands ever. All his stuff just comes off really sincere and sweet and sad and cathartic and amazing. The Glow Pt. 2 is considered his best, but It Was Hot We Stayed in the Water is amazing as well.



Speaking of sincere guys, Daniel Johnston is probably the top. Watch the documentary The Devil and Daniel Johnston, it's amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment