Sunday, October 24, 2010

Scott C.



Pardon the spacing, but I wanted this picture to be the first thing you saw. It's the work of Scott C., and like almost all of his work, it draws heavily upon pop culture. Exhibit B: his tumblr- Great Showdowns. Great indeed. The site is a series of illustrations of adversaries from movies, more or less. Some are really nutty:
“Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?”

Others are a little more serious:
“Well, there were eleven votes for guilty. It’s not easy to raise my hand and send a boy off to die without talking about it first.”

Something all of the showdowns share is a remarkable style that seems to shine optimism upon the often dark movies they illustrate. Man, looking back through the older ones, I just want to post all of them here because they are making me remember movies as being much better than they really were. I am also a big fan of watercolors, so Scott is like my man. You can see a lot more of his work on his blog, and his flickr, and there is absolutely no reason for you not to click at least one of the links I've posted.

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment