Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Excuses

I'm actually much more excited about this picture than the painting in it. Having said that, I am pretty excited about the painting too. It's a work in progress and by the mercy of oil paints, I've been working on it intermittently for a few weeks. You may notice that the canvas is way tiny, well, at my disposal, I have only small canvases. The scene is from one of the photos from Oregon, which I mentioned a while back. I apologize for the brevity of this post, but my computer died an awful death so I'm stuck with a tiny laptop that was presumably built for elves.
In the first stop on my road to college, I visited VCU this weekend, a relatively new school, established in the 60's, and known mainly for its Arts and Nursing schools. I arrived expecting little, but was pleasantly surprised. The university, situated in the middle of Richmond, features a wide range of buildings and and equally diverse student body. If I had my computer, I would describe it in greater detail but suffice it to say that I currently regard VCU as a safety school of sorts (with its relatively high acceptance rate), but at the same time, I would be in no way disappointed if it ended up being the college I attend.

-Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment